Arch Systems is seeking a Director of Global Customer Success and Operations to accelerate our core growth engine through operational excellence, deployments, customer relationships, and phased expansions.
Arch's product is a data collection and advanced analytics platform already in use in multiple of the world's largest contract manufacturers and Fortune 1000 OEMs. While it is the sales team job to find and engage new customers for pilots, it is your team's job to execute pilots and grow customer relationships and footprints through phased expansions. Our domain spans electronics and discrete manufacturing with a special go-to-market focus on surface mount technology (SMT). Ideal candidates will come in with experience and skill both in customer success and technical operations around data analytics or SaaS products as well as professional services or continuous improvement experience relevant to manufacturing environments.
Arch was started by Stanford Engineering PhDs and grew out of non-profit work in Africa to become venture-backed and bring novel technology to electronics and discrete manufacturing. It is a ripe opportunity to drive massive growth of a validated product in a hugely underserved market.
We are looking for talented and driven people who seek a lasting impact both in transforming manufacturing operations as well as making the Earth more efficient, connected, and sustainable. Come join our diverse and passionate team.
Compensation will be determined for a Director Customer Success and Operations at a Series A stage technology startup based on experience and location. We benchmark our compensation against high cost of living/market rates and use a compensation formula that includes a location factor to determine total target compensation as it compares to a high cost of living/market area. At Arch, sales team overall target earnings (OTE) is comprised of base salary and quota attainment.
Employees in the US can expect generous benefits for themselves and their dependents as well as equity in the company.
Applicants outside the US will be considered to become employees of one of our trusted partners and will receive benefits through them as well as NQSOs from Arch Systems
Since before COVID-19, Arch has operated as a remote-equal team and while we welcome candidates from anywhere in the world to apply, this position will work to contact customers largely based in US time zones so must be available and working during those hours. While the majority of our team is based in the San Francisco Bay Area near our Palo Alto HQ, we have team members in over 5 countries across various time zones. US applicants must be authorized to work in the US. We are unable to sponsor a Visa at this time.
WHAT YOU WILL OWN AND DRIVE:
- Leader of the customer success and operations team owning all core processes and execution from pilot through phased deployments and renewals and subsequent expansion programs.
- You will own the company's goals for pilot and expansion timelines and gearing ratios, the management and leadership of all customer success and operations team members, and the scaling of the team to drive our Go-to-Market.
- You will contribute individually for at least your first year at Arch in addition to management, augmenting account and program management as well as professional services.
- You will be responsible not only for overseeing account rollout to defined schedules, but working with solution architects and sales to define new solutions and expand business that may include professional services or consultative elements.
- Develop and maintain processes for scale working with our issue tracking software and CRM
- Lead customer success team member leveling and compensation, capacity planning and forecasting for the team.
- You will be a cross functional leader working closely with all areas of the business to help shape and understand how success and operations strategy and execution shapes the goals of sales, marketing, engineering, product, and overall company growth.
HOW WE WILL SUPPORT YOU:
- Ambitious and clear vision of how you can be a part of transforming electronics and discrete manufacturing by getting great technology into the right companies and leaders hands.
- Highly motivated and experienced team with the relevant domain expertise and network to support the sales process
- Ability to execute your work selling cutting edge technology to large enterprise including Fortune 500 customers as well as mid-market companies
- Company investors, advisors, and ecosystem resources available to you and top team members to grow in your career and skills.
- Learning & Development budget for both you and your team to allow you to continue to grow in not only your function, but in a broad complementary set of capabilities.
- Trust in your ability to do your best work when and where you want and to communicate this with your team
- Flexible Time Off: take the time you need, including an end-of-year break
- Opportunity to challenge yourself, be nurtured, and grow in a highly dynamic environment
- A culture that welcomes and encourages autonomy, ownership, and transparency; allowing you to make, learn from, and teach others in your “failures” as much as your successes
- In-person Arch Summits and quarterly leadership meetings to build rapport and teamwork
- A culture of diversity of thought and background with many languages and nationalities on the team
WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING TO THE TABLE:
- 4-10+ years experience in customer success, technical operations, and/or strategic consulting with technology products to enterprise customers
- Have demonstrated ability to own all aspects of post-sales experience, including customer success, renewals, services, training, operations, support, and professional services.
- 2-4+ years in customer success and operations leadership, hiring and building teams, especially in a rapid growth venture capital backed environment
- Bring a servant-leader approach to management; you care about your team and their success both as a group and as individuals
- Have the ability to recruit, lead, motivate, coach, and assess high-performance professional services, customer success, training, and support teams
- Experience integrating and collaborating with sales to grow deal value, product to drive feedback for features and evolution, and marketing to refine and guide overall company messaging
- Experience working with cloud SaaS, IoT, and/or analytics type products to technical and less technical users ideally with experience working in the manufacturing space
- Experience in early stage sales environments where not all resources or processes were in place, so helped develop and nail them instead of just learned them
- Bring strong customer EQ: you develop key relationships, understand issues and opportunities, drive value and communicate effectively
WHAT MAKES YOU STAND OUT:
- Prior experience working with a startup from Series A product market fit through rapid growth phase
- Prior experience in success and operations managing software programs with manufacturers, especially to electronics manufacturers
- Prior experience with our direct target markets
- Prior experience with professional services or strategic consulting, working at companies that managed a mix of products and services to deliver solutions to customers
- Prior experience as one of the first customer success or operations leaders in an earlier stage team or product that had to define the processes of scale vs only learn them
- Mastery of excel/spreadsheets, powerpoint/presentation tools, or other quality management or process tools
- Technical background
- Passion both for digitizing manufacturing and for building more connected, intelligent, and sustainable industry
Resumes must be submitted in English
We encourage interested and enthusiastic applicants to apply and not allow imposter syndrome to self-select out of an opportunity. We believe in hiring people as their full and authentic selves, allowing them to utilize their strengths and then helping them to learn, grow, and add to those strengths