is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join our rapidly scaling team and develop our cloud based factory data collection and analytics applications.
Started by Stanford Engineering PhDs and grown out of non-profit work in Africa, Arch is a venture-backed company working with the world’s largest electronics manufacturers. We combine rich data from all machines, new and legacy, to drive real time and predictive analytics transforming manufacturing efficiency and how we work.
We are looking for talented and driven people who seek a lasting impact both in transforming manufacturing operations as well as making critical industries more efficient, connected, and sustainable. Come join our diverse and passionate team!
- Working in or near Europe, with CET working hours.
- Proficient in English.
- An experienced Python Developer.
- At least 8 years of experience as a professional software developer with License (US Bachelor’s), or 5 years and Master (US Master’s), the degree focused on Computer Science or a related field.
- Experiences in developing large, complex backend SAAS application applications for Enterprise Customers.
- Have a track record of supporting the code you write in production, using customer feedback.
- Have deep experience understanding complex data models and simplifying complexity while exposing the right level of flexibility.
- Experienced working with remote teams across many timezones.
- Interested in manufacturing and serving large industrial customers.
Your Role will be to:
- Gain a deep understanding of our problem domain (machine data analytics in discrete manufacturing)
- Contributing code to the ArchFX Cloud project, to author new product features, fix bugs, and refactor aging components. This is a backend, not frontend engineering role.
- Ensuring that the product continues to maintain high levels of technical excellence
- Understanding and decomposing broad requirements into units of work that can be implemented efficiently
- Exploring new ideas by implementing small POCs to show the team what could be possible before committing to a large implementation
- Contribute to organizational growth through mentoring and providing technical guidance to other engineers on the ArchFX Cloud team
About the stack:
- Django API Server
- PostgreSQL database for metadata
- Timeseries databases (InfluxQL) for high-volume machine data
- Deployed on AWS using Kubernetes, and Terraform for IaC
- Front-end is single page webapp: Typescript using Angular
- Backend is Python 3
- Messaging is RabbitMQ via Celery
- Redis caching
Why join us:
- We are an A-series Venture-backed startup.
- We are a remote-equal team.
- This is a fully remote role.
- We offer packages including competitive cash compensation adjusted for location, along with equity compensation.
- We have an ambitious and clear vision of how you can be a part of transforming the manufacturing supply chain and building next generation IoT technology.
- Our experienced team has the relevant domain expertise and network to make sure we're focused on the most important industry problems facing our customers.
- Time off is flexible - take the time you need, including an end-of-year break.
- Leadership who welcomes and encourages autonomy, ownership, and transparency; allowing you to make, learn from, and teach others in your “failures” as much as your successes.
- We value a culture of diversity of thought and background with many languages and nationalities on the team.
Resumes must be submitted in English.
Reference checks will be required to hire candidates.
We encourage interested and enthusiastic applicants to apply and not allow imposter syndrome to self-select out of an opportunity. We believe in hiring people as their full and authentic selves, allowing them to utilize their strengths and then helping them to learn, grow, and add to those strengths.