Arch Systems is seeking talented and driven Account Executives to work directly with the CEO to spearhead rapid customer and revenue growth at Arch.
This AE role will focus on Arch’s core market electronics manufacturing and surface mount technology (SMT). Within this space, you will focus on developing and closing customers among Tier 1 and Tier 2 EMS manufacturers and OEMs with their own manufacturing facilities.
The product you are selling is a data collection and advanced analytics platform already in use in 5 of the 10 largest manufacturers in our space. Arch was started by Stanford Engineering PhDs and grew out of non-profit work in Africa to become venture-backed and bring novel technology to electronics manufacturing. It is a ripe opportunity to drive massive growth of a validated product in a hugely underserved market.
We are looking for talented and driven people who seek a lasting impact both in transforming manufacturing operations as well as making the Earth more efficient, connected, and sustainable. Come join our diverse and passionate team.
Compensation will be determined for an Account Executive at a Series A stage technology startup based on experience and location. We benchmark our compensation against high cost of living/market rates and use a compensation formula that includes a location factor to determine total target compensation as it compares to a high cost of living/market area. At Arch, sales team overall target earnings (OTE) is comprised of 50% base salary and 50% quota attainment.
Employees in the US can expect generous benefits for themselves and their dependents as well as equity in the company.
Applicants outside the US will be considered to become employees of one of our trusted partners and will receive benefits through them as well as NQSOs from Arch Systems
Since before COVID-19, Arch has operated as a remote-equal team and while we welcome candidates from anywhere in the world to apply, this position will work to contact customers largely based in US time zones so must be available and working during those hours. While the majority of our team is based in the San Francisco Bay Area near our Palo Alto HQ, we have team members in over 5 countries across various time zones. US applicants must be authorized to work in the US. We are unable to sponsor a Visa at this time.
WHAT YOU WILL OWN AND DRIVE:
- Develop and close target customers into phase 1 pilot engagements and on to scaled global deployments hitting and exceeding quota
- Work directly with the CEO to lay the groundwork at Arch for a larger scaling sales team that can repeat the playbooks we create
- Spend significant time prospecting and developing your own leads as well as working with marketing, and in-house and partner lead generation to continually expand the entire pipeline
- Create and maintain excellent best practices for data driven sales and use of technology from our CRM to modern sales insight and sales automation tools
HOW WE WILL SUPPORT YOU:
- Ambitious and clear vision of how you can be a part of transforming electronics and discrete manufacturing by getting great technology into the right companies and leaders hands.
- Highly motivated and experienced team with the relevant domain expertise and network to support the sales process
- Ability to execute your work selling cutting edge technology to large enterprise including Fortune 500 customers as well as mid-market companies
- Learning & Development budget to allow you to continue to grow in not only your function, but in a broad complementary set of capabilities.
- Trust in your ability to do your best work when and where you want and to communicate this with your team
- Flexible Time Off: take the time you need, including an end-of-year break
- Opportunity to challenge yourself, be nurtured, and grow in a highly dynamic environment
- A culture that welcomes and encourages autonomy, ownership, and transparency; allowing you to make, learn from, and teach others in your “failures” as much as your successes
- Potential to travel to annual Arch Summit, when it is safe to gather again in-person
- A culture of diversity of thought and background with many languages and nationalities on the team
WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING TO THE TABLE:
- 4-8+ years experience in selling technology products to enterprise customers
- Experience selling cloud SaaS, IoT, and/or analytics type products to technical and less technical buyers ideally with experience selling to the manufacturing space
- Experience in high functioning sales team, brings in knowledge and intuition of the ideal end goal, how sales can and will function at Arch
- Also experienced in early stage sales environments where not all resources were in place or processes already created, adaptable, entrepreneurial, and ready to take problems into your own hands
- Outstanding communication skills, excellent listener, able to move and motivate people to action
- Competence with and passion for modern technology, savvy in talking about and navigating technology to give outstanding demos and spark inspiration and excitement in customers
- Highly competent working independently and with a team, can take individual ownership of initiatives and deliver results, while also able to be a team player, split up duties and collaborate to greater ends.
- History of excellence in whatever projects or teams you worked with
WHAT MAKES YOU STAND OUT:
- Prior experience selling software to manufacturers, especially to electronics manufacturers
- Prior experience with our direct target market including a rolodex of connections to prospect buyers
- Prior experience as one of the first salespeople and scaling a team or building new sales territories at successful companies
- Mastery of modern sales enablement tools, lead generation databases, outbound campaign tools, CRM
- Passion both for digitizing manufacturing and for building more connected, intelligent, and sustainable industry
Resumes must be submitted in English
We encourage interested and enthusiastic applicants to apply and not allow imposter syndrome to self-select out of an opportunity. We believe in hiring people as their full and authentic selves, allowing them to utilize their strengths and then helping them to learn, grow, and add to those strengths