Arch Systems is seeking a Head of People Operations to lead HR, talent, and culture.
Arch is an early stage and scaling venture backed company (Series A to B trajectory) with half of our team in the US and half internationally distributed across 8+ countries and many US states. We seek to build and lead an increasingly diverse and remote set of talented collaborators for our industrial, enterprise software company that focuses on manufacturing data and AI. You will be leading a focused group of professionals, initially some in-house and some via our partners, successively building out a larger team, as we scale up.
Arch was started by Stanford Engineering PhDs and grew out of non-profit work in Africa to become venture-backed company and bring novel technology to improve the electronics and discrete manufacturing supply chains. It is a ripe opportunity to drive team growth and culture in what we believe can be an important and generational company in a transformational field of data and AI technology.
Compensation will be determined for a Head of People Ops (title range based on experience and level spanning from Senior Manager, Director to VP) of People Operations at a Series A stage technology startup adjusted by level and location. We benchmark our compensation by role type, level and geopay location factors to determine total target compensation. At Arch, People Operations compensation consists of base salary, bonus, and equity.
Base compensation for this position ranges from $100,000 to $200,000 USD per year plus a 10% performance bonus and equity, varying based on level and location.
Team members become employees via our PEO or GEO partners and can expect strong benefits for themselves and their dependents as well as equity in the company in the form of stock option grants.
Since before COVID-19, Arch has operated as a remote-equal team and we likewise welcome candidates from anywhere in the world to apply. Around half of our team is based in the US and the other half in a variety of other countries in the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, and Asia. We do not sponsor visas at this time for any particular countries.
This position should expect to align synchronous work hours within time zones UTC-7 to UTC+2 normal working days. Your leadership team peers span the range of UTC-7 to UTC+2 and your reports are based in UTC-7 and UTC-5.
WHAT YOU WILL OWN AND DRIVE:
- Strategic Leadership
- Design and implement key People Operations infrastructure to support the scaling of the organization in alignment with the company's growth objectives.
- Partner with senior leadership and cross-functional stakeholders to drive organizational change, leveraging data to evolve programs and ensure world-class experiences for candidates and employees.
- Act as an internal consultant to our HR business partners, talent acquisition, and stakeholders across the organization, providing guidance and expertise on various people-related topics.
- People Programs and Policies
- Develop and implement comprehensive people-related programs and policies, including employee lifecycle management, benefits administration, HRIS systems, PEO and GEO for all countries and states, compliance, and employee relations.
- Drive critical projects and initiatives that enhance employee experience, establish scalable frameworks, and support global expansion efforts.
- Work with your team to create and refine programs through feedback loops, metrics, trends, and key insights.
- Among other things, design and lead in person Arch Summits for our remote collaborators to come together in person, be creative, learn, and build belonging and dedication to the mission.
- Talent Acquisition and Development
- Hire and/or collaborate with partners for excellent talent execution. Attract, hire, and retain top talent, ensuring a diverse and inclusive workforce.
- Effectively manage external recruiters, coordinators, and internal collaborators, hiring appropriate at each coming stage of scale for Arch.
- Lead in international compensation, banding, and support talent in properly compensating and negotiating offers.
- Lead the development and execution of talent acquisition strategies and initiatives, recruiting processes, candidate experience and employer branding.
- Oversee performance management, career development, and learning and development programs to foster employee growth and advancement.
HOW WE WILL SUPPORT YOU:
- Ambitious and clear vision of how you can be a part of building a world class remote and distributed team of collaborators who seek to transform the manufacturing industry with data and AI technology.
- Highly motivated and experienced team that is running a great business and eager to collaborate with you for people leadership
- Ability to execute your work in a growing, modern, international company in a growing and transformative sector of technology
- Company investors, advisors, and ecosystem resources available to you and top team members to grow in your career and skills.
- Learning & Development budget for both you and your team to allow you to continue to grow in not only your function, but in a broad complementary set of capabilities.
- Trust in your ability to do your best work when and where you want and to communicate this with your team
- Flexible Time Off
- Opportunity to challenge yourself, be nurtured, and grow in a highly dynamic environment
- A culture that welcomes and encourages autonomy, ownership, and transparency; allowing you to make, learn from, and teach others in your “failures” as much as your successes
- In-person Arch Summits and quarterly leadership meetings to build rapport and teamwork
- A culture of diversity of thought and background with many languages and nationalities on the team
WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING TO THE TABLE:
- 5-10+ years experience in HR and talent operations, preferably in hyper-growth technology companies with international teams
- Minimum 2-4+ years experience with remote-first (not hybrid), distributed and asynchronous work environments
- Strong expertise in HR and talent acquisition tech stacks, international compensation and benefits with experience with geopay, international HR policies and processes
- Experience with HRIS systems, GEO and PEO platforms such as Sequoia One and Remote.com, and compensation and benchmarking tools such as Carta, Pave, Option Impact, and others.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, prioritize and successfully drive multiple projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated ability to scale and lead a growing team, demonstrated ability to leverage external resources effectively, and ability to roll up your sleeves as an individual contributor as appropriate for an early stage startup environment
- Proven leadership skills with experience managing and developing high performing teams
- Experience and comfort in early stage people ops environments where not all resources or processes are in place for each stage of scale, so you are part of developing them from the ground up for scale
- Passion for building diverse, equitable, and inclusive teams with a strong sense of belonging and dedication to the mission.
WHAT MAKES YOU STAND OUT:
- Prior experience leading a full remote company, especially one that was dedicated to remote and asynchronous work before or outside of COVID vs a remote or return-to-office company
- Prior experience scaling from Series A to C+ size, 20 to 200+ people effectively
- Prior experience driving culture of creativity and productivity excellence in a fully remote and asynchronous culture with collaborators in many time zones around the world
- Prior experience with DEIB best practices in an international vs one-country environment
- Prior experience with effective geopay policies and strategies for hiring and retaining top talent internationally at local or regional pay scales.
- Personal history of living and operating in different countries, speaking different languages, and/or crossing cultures effectively in your work and/or personal life
- Passion or particular interest to our product and industry, a data and AI optimization product used in discrete and electronics manufacturing supply chain.
Resumes must be submitted in English
We encourage interested and enthusiastic applicants to apply and not allow imposter syndrome to self-select out of an opportunity. We believe in hiring people as their full and authentic selves, allowing them to utilize their strengths and then helping them to learn, grow, and add to those strengths