Started by Stanford Engineering PhDs and grown out of non-profit work in Africa, Arch is a venture-backed company working with the world’s largest electronics manufacturers. We combine rich data from all machines, new and legacy, to drive real time and predictive analytics transforming manufacturing efficiency and how we work.
We are looking for talented and driven people who seek a lasting impact both in transforming manufacturing operations as well as making critical industries more efficient, connected, and sustainable. Come join our diverse and passionate team.
What You’ll Do:
The Technical Support Manager will be fully responsible for running and managing the company’s technical support department, currently employing a small team of dedicated technicians. This role will primarily involve ensuring the team quickly and efficiently responds to inbound technical support issues, and that all issues are documented and resolved in accordance with Arch Systems SLAs. It will further involve defining support processes and procedures and in depth reporting and analysis of the reported technical issues, along with root cause analysis leading to recommended remedial action. They will further be responsible for ensuring that these issues, once resolved, are correctly communicated to the support team and in turn communicated out to the customer base.
What You WIll Own & Drive:
- Direct and coordinate a team of tech support specialists/helpdetechniciansans
- Define, implement and manage technical support processes and procedures
- Manage 1st and 2nd line technical support personnel
- Produce weekly and monthly summary management reports on technical support tickets
- Manage and report on the RMA process, including root cause analysis and remedial action
- Regularly analyze and review logs to determine if problems are imminent and develop solutions before they occur
- Manage prioritization, escalation and resolution of support incidents to the development team Ensure the ticketing and documentation process for all support incidents is adhered to
- Manage the process of communicating new software updates and releases to customers Manage the online FAQ and support article knowledgebase
- Ensure ongoing training for tech support staff and advise tech support staff on career planning
What You Will Bring To the Table:
- Experience managing teams of technology professionals in a client facing support role
- Experience with databases and structured query languages (SQL), working with networking systems and protocols like HTTP, MQTT, etc.
- Prior domain knowledge with electronics and discrete manufacturing and/or factory equipment technical topics
- Master user of issue tracking systems like Jira, Asana, etc. and/or proficient use of well-built excel tracker spreadsheets, pivot tables, macros, etc.
- Experience being customer facing as an engineer.
- Passion for manufacturing and for building more connected, intelligent, and sustainable industry.
How We Support You:
- Competitive compensation packages that include equity - be an owner in what you’re building!
- Generous health benefits - 100% of employee premiums and 80% of dependents
- Paid parental leave
- 401(k) plan with company matching
- Flexible Time Off: take the time you need, including an end-of-year break and expect that all Arch-itects take at least one additional (consecutive) week off each year to recharge in addition to local holidays and religious observances
- We have an ambitious and clear vision of how you can be a part of transforming the manufacturing supply chain and building next generation IoT technology
- Our team is highly motivated and experienced, with a wealth of relevant domain expertise and industry connections
- You will have the ability to deploy your work and solve cutting edge problems with Fortune 500 customers and nonprofit developing world partners alike
- Our Learning & Development budget will allow you to continue growing in not only your function, but in any way that relates
- We trust in your ability to do your best work when and where you want and to set expectations with your team
- You will consistently have the opportunity to challenge yourself, be nurtured, and grow in a highly dynamic environment, with:
- A culture that welcomes and encourages autonomy, ownership, and transparency; allowing you to make, learn from, and teach others in your “failures” as much as your successes
- Potential to travel to regular Arch Summits, when it is safe to gather again in-person
- A culture of diversity of thought and background with many languages and nationalities across the team
We benchmark our compensation against market rates in the San Francisco Bay Area and use a compensation formula that includes a location factor to determine total target compensation. At Arch, total target compensation may comprise base salary, a completion bonus, and a performance bonus.
Employees in the US can expect generous benefits for themselves and their dependents as well as equity in the company.
Applicants outside the US will be considered to become employees of one of our trusted partners and will receive benefits through them as well as NQSOs from Arch Systems.
Resumes must be submitted in English
We encourage interested and enthusiastic applicants to apply and not allow imposter syndrome to self-select out of an opportunity. We believe in hiring people as their full and authentic selves, allowing them to utilize their strengths and then helping them to learn, grow, and add to those strengths.
This is an opportunity to join our remote-equal team from anywhere in the US. While we are a remote-equal team currently working from the US and Europe this role will require a Full-Time Employee based in the United States and authorized to work in the US. We are unable to sponsor a Visa at this time.