Arch Systems is seeking a Director of Global Sales to accelerate our core growth engine and lead go to market at Arch.
The sales org focus spans electronics and discrete manufacturing with a special go-to-market focus on surface mount technology (SMT). Ideal candidates will come in with experience and skill in both selling data analytics or SaaS software products as well as selling to manufacturing and/or industrial markets. You will bridge both sides of the sales motion, seeking and closing new logos as well as expanding to more locations and process types within existing accounts. You should come ready to carry a bag as well as lead, recruit and scale the early team with you.
The product you are selling is a data collection and advanced analytics platform already in use in 5 of the 10 largest manufacturers in our space. Arch was started by Stanford Engineering PhDs and grew out of non-profit work in Africa to become venture-backed and bring novel technology to electronics and discrete manufacturing. It is a ripe opportunity to drive massive growth of a validated product in a hugely underserved market.
We are looking for talented and driven people who seek a lasting impact both in transforming manufacturing operations as well as making the Earth more efficient, connected, and sustainable. Come join our diverse and passionate team.
Compensation will be determined for a Director of Sales at a Series A stage technology startup based on experience and location. We benchmark our compensation against high cost of living/market rates and use a compensation formula that includes a location factor to determine total target compensation as it compares to a high cost of living/market area. At Arch, sales team overall target earnings (OTE) is comprised of base salary and quota attainment.
Employees in the US can expect generous benefits for themselves and their dependents as well as equity in the company.
Applicants outside the US will be considered to become employees of one of our trusted partners and will receive benefits through them as well as NQSOs from Arch Systems
Since before COVID-19, Arch has operated as a remote-equal team and while we welcome candidates from anywhere in the world to apply, this position will work to contact customers largely based in US time zones so must be available and working during those hours. While the majority of our team is based in the San Francisco Bay Area near our Palo Alto HQ, we have team members in over 5 countries across various time zones. US applicants must be authorized to work in the US. We are unable to sponsor a Visa at this time.
WHAT YOU WILL OWN AND DRIVE:
- Leader of the sales team owning target definition and prospecting through to closing initial pilots and upselling into multi-factory, multi-site contracts.
- You will own the company's overall sales goal, the management and leadership of all sales team members, and the scaling of the team to drive our Go-to-Market.
- You will own an individual sales goal as well, alongside the CEO and other key team members be hunting, closing and driving full-cycle sales.
- Throughout your journey at Arch, you will remain a key champion to prospect and close deals, though handing off smaller run-rate style deals to the team and shifting this component of your work purely to larger and more strategic deals alongside the CEO and founders over time.
- You will be responsible for helping define new market and vertical opportunities. This will include market definition, entry points, entry timing, ideal partners, and the execution of strategy into practical success.
- You will be responsible for developing and executing partner and channel strategies to increase strategic selling in addition to building a direct sales force.
- Develop and maintain systems for immediate value and scale such as the CRM, the sales hiring pipeline and processes, sales team member leveling and compensation, sales capacity planning, forecasting models, and others.
- You will be a cross functional leader working closely with all areas of the business to help shape and understand how sales strategy and execution shapes the goals of marketing, engineering, product, and overall company growth.
HOW WE WILL SUPPORT YOU:
- Ambitious and clear vision of how you can be a part of transforming electronics and discrete manufacturing by getting great technology into the right companies and leaders hands.
- Highly motivated and experienced team with the relevant domain expertise and network to support the sales process
- Ability to execute your work selling cutting edge technology to large enterprise including Fortune 500 customers as well as mid-market companies
- Company investors, advisors, and ecosystem resources available to you and top team members to grow in your career and skills.
- Learning & Development budget for both you and your team to allow you to continue to grow in not only your function, but in a broad complementary set of capabilities.
- Trust in your ability to do your best work when and where you want and to communicate this with your team
- Flexible Time Off: take the time you need, including an end-of-year break
- Opportunity to challenge yourself, be nurtured, and grow in a highly dynamic environment
- A culture that welcomes and encourages autonomy, ownership, and transparency; allowing you to make, learn from, and teach others in your “failures” as much as your successes
- In-person Arch Summits and quarterly leadership meetings to build rapport and teamwork
- A culture of diversity of thought and background with many languages and nationalities on the team
WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING TO THE TABLE:
- 4-10+ years experience in selling technology products to enterprise customers
- 2-4+ years in sales leadership, hiring and building teams, especially in a rapid growth venture capital backed environment
- Experience selling cloud SaaS, IoT, and/or analytics type products to technical and less technical buyers ideally with experience selling to the manufacturing space
- Experience in early stage sales environments where not all resources or processes were in place, so helped develop and nail them instead of just learned them
- Outstanding communication skills, excellent listener, able to move and motivate people to action with the art of the possible
- Competence with and passion for modern technology, savvy in talking about and navigating technology, the ability to give a demo yourself, and spark inspiration and excitement in customers at how intuitive and easy it can be
WHAT MAKES YOU STAND OUT:
- Prior experience taking a startup from Series A product market fit through rapid growth phase
- Prior experience selling software to manufacturers, especially to electronics manufacturers
- Prior experience with our direct target markets including a rolodex of connections to prospect buyers, channels, etc.
- Prior experience with consultative or solution selling, working at companies that employed solution selling on top of products or even in strategic consulting
- Prior experience as one of the first salespeople or sales leaders in an earlier stage team or product that had to define the processes of scale vs only learn them
- Mastery of modern sales enablement tools, lead generation databases, outbound campaign tools, CRM
- Passion both for digitizing manufacturing and for building more connected, intelligent, and sustainable industry
Resumes must be submitted in English
We encourage interested and enthusiastic applicants to apply and not allow imposter syndrome to self-select out of an opportunity. We believe in hiring people as their full and authentic selves, allowing them to utilize their strengths and then helping them to learn, grow, and add to those strengths