Arch Systems is seeking a talented Senior Technical Program Manager (TPM) for the ArchFX Machine Data and Analytics Platform.
This TPM role will focus primarily on the surface mount technology (SMT) space working with tier 1 and tier 2 EMS providers. Secondarily this TPM will work across other discrete manufacturing segments.
Started by Stanford Engineering PhDs and grown out of non-profit work in Africa, Arch is a venture-backed company working with top Fortune 500 manufacturers to extract data from any machine, new or legacy, and drive real time and predictive analytics.
We are looking for talented and driven people who seek a lasting impact both in transforming manufacturing operations as well as making the Earth more efficient, connected, and sustainable. Come join our diverse and passionate team.
Compensation will be determined for a senior TPM at a Series A stage technology startup based on experience and location. We benchmark our compensation against high cost of living/market rates and use a compensation formula that includes a location factor to determine total target compensation as it compares to a high cost of living/market area. At Arch, total target compensation is comprised of base salary, a completion bonus, and a performance bonus.
Employees in the US can expect generous benefits for themselves and their dependents as well as equity in the company.
Applicants outside the US will be considered to become employees of one of our trusted partners and will receive benefits through them as well as NQSOs from Arch Systems
Since before COVID-19, Arch has operated as a remote-equal team and while we welcome candidates from anywhere in the world to apply, this position will work with customers and team members located between UTC +1 (Europe) and UTC +10 (Asia) with the majority of conversations happening with the core team and top customer personnel located in UTC -8 (US, Pacific). It is expected that the individual in this position schedule their day to provide at least 3 hours of potential overlap with customers and critical team members. While the majority of our team is based in the San Francisco Bay Area near our Palo Alto HQ, we have team members in over 5 countries across various time zones. US applicants must be authorized to work in the US. We are unable to sponsor a Visa at this time.
WHAT YOU WILL OWN AND DRIVE:
- Manage technical program execution from inception to success across Arch’s current enterprise customers and new proof of concepts (PoCs) with a focus on surface mount technology (SMT) manufacturing and secondarily broad discrete manufacturing.
- Guide cross functional teams to success and on-time project completion with outstanding organizational principles and operational competence
- Be prepared to deliver projects all-remote as well as with boots on the ground (in a post-COVID safe-to-travel environment)
- Be the primary technical support point of contact to Arch’s enterprise customers for the programs you are leading. Communicate in an articulate, empathetic, and compelling way both with business and engineering personnel at the customer from low level operator up to executive levels.
- Help define requirements, write project descriptions, lead deployment teams to hit milestones and work with Agile development teams to write and facilitate schedules for new product functionality.
- Support post sales in ensuring that the customer is happy and the product is fulfilling its purpose. Assist with relationship building as well as case studies and ROI calculations.
- Support product in documentation of customer feedback, product functionality, compliance and security
HOW WE WILL SUPPORT YOU:
- Ambitious and clear vision of how you can be a part of transforming electronics and discrete manufacturing and building next generation IoT technology
- Highly motivated and experienced team with the relevant domain expertise and network
- Ability to execute your work solving cutting edge problems with Fortune 500 customers and nonprofit developing world partners alike
- Learning & Development budget to allow you to continue to grow in not only your function, but in a broad complementary set of capabilities.
- Trust in your ability to do your best work when and where you want and to communicate this with your team
- Flexible Time Off: take the time you need, including an end-of-year break and an ask that all Arch-itects take at least one additional (consecutive) week off each year to recharge in addition to local holidays and religious observances
- Opportunity to challenge yourself, be nurtured, and grow in a highly dynamic environment
- A culture that welcomes and encourages autonomy, ownership, and transparency; allowing you to make, learn from, and teach others in your “failures” as much as your successes
- Potential to travel to annual Arch Summit, when it is safe to gather again in-person
- A culture of diversity of thought and background with many languages and nationalities on the team
WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING TO THE TABLE:
- 5+ years of relevant engineering experience, electrical, mechanical, industrial, manufacturing engineering or related field
- Experience managing projects across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules
- 3+ years of technical program management experience
- Subject matter expertise (SME) in manufacturing operations especially with regards to performance optimization, quality, and maintenance.
- Understanding of computing systems, cloud and web application software architecture, IoT, and data processing systems and an understanding of design for security, availability, and performance.
- Exposure to physical science, statistics, and AI or machine learning systems
- Experience with and/or ability and excitement for working with Agile software development in a startup or similar small, lean environment with a remote geographically distributed team
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities in an engineering environment in driving operational excellence and best practices.
- Proven results and a history of project delivery.
WHAT MAKES YOU STAND OUT:
- Experience working at a major electronics contract manufacturer (CM), with an original equipment manufacturer (OEM) utilizing SMT equipment to build a product, or at a machine maker creating and selling SMT equipment
- Previous experience implementing Industry 4.0 or factory digitization solutions such as performance monitoring, MES, track-and-trace, or ML/AI tools.
- Previous experience working with remote or distributed teams in a TPM role and coordinating complex functions without face-to-face interactions. Experience and proficiency with asynchronous as well as synchronous communication motifs.
- Strong command of cultural sensitivity and ability to lead and collaborate with teams in Asia, Europe, and the Americas
- Native language proficiency in Mandarin Chinese or other major manufacturing geography
- Passion both for digitizing manufacturing and for building more connected, intelligent, and sustainable industry
Resumes must be submitted in English
We encourage interested and enthusiastic applicants to apply and not allow imposter syndrome to self-select out of an opportunity. We believe in hiring people as their full and authentic selves, allowing them to utilize their strengths and then helping them to learn, grow, and add to those strengths