Arch Systems is seeking Industry Expert Sales Engineers to join our rapidly scaling team and drive product demonstrations, consultative technical need finding, and solution co-creation with prospective and expansion customers.
Started by Stanford Engineering PhDs and grown out of non-profit work in Africa, Arch is a venture-backed company working with the world’s largest electronics manufacturers. We combine rich data from all machines, new and legacy, to drive real time and predictive analytics transforming manufacturing efficiency and how we work.
We are looking for talented and driven people who seek a lasting impact both in transforming manufacturing operations as well as making critical industries more efficient, connected, and sustainable. Come join our diverse and passionate team.
We benchmark our compensation against market rates in the San Francisco Bay Area and use a compensation formula that includes a location factor to determine total target compensation. At Arch, total target compensation may be comprised of base salary, a completion bonus, and a performance bonus.
Since before COVID-19, Arch has operated as a remote-equal team and while we welcome candidates from anywhere in the world to apply, we do have a preference for candidates located in The Americas (PST +/- 3) to maximize collaboration time. While the majority of our team is based in the San Francisco Bay Area near our Palo Alto HQ, we have team members in over 5 countries across various time zones. US applicants must be authorized to work in the US. We are unable to sponsor a Visa at this time.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
You will be a Sales Engineer working closely between the Sales and Customer Success teams to develop and realize opportunities with new prospects and expansion customers. This role has a focus on technical demonstrations, problem solving, and solution architecture. You will be able to demonstrate Arch applications, impress customers at what the platform does and what they can do with the platform. More senior candidates will be able to engage in consultative selling and SOW definition directly, understanding the customer’s unique pain points and technical challenges, how they match with Arch libraries and non-library capabilities, benchmarking against other solutions in the market, and forming optimized plans that solve the need in the best way our tools allow.
WHAT YOU WILL OWN AND DRIVE:
- Share Arch’s vision to use machine data and analytics to transform manufacturing and supply chain efficiency
- Drive technical demonstrations pairing with account executives to impress and successfully engage with new prospects.
- Engage prospects to understand business and technical needs and be able to map them against Arch capabilities
- Work with customers success to ensure new opportunities can be delivered upon in a timely fashion developing new solution architectures and SOWs
- Help write SOWs and negotiate contracts to close that are clearly written, useful, and guide great milestones and delivery for both the customer and for Arch.
- Likewise, join account managers and application engineers in pilot and expansion accounts to give demo’s, come up with new solutions, and realize additional SOWs inside existing accounts.
- Provide feedback and give guidance on features and ideas for internal and external tools to serve customer needs effectively.
- Deep understanding of our problem domain (machine data analytics in the electronics and discrete manufacturing industry) to be able to propose technical solutions to complex challenges that work at scale in an industrial context.
- Research and benchmark specific requirements and industry standards based on your customer segment profile and area of expertise
- Collaborate and communicate directly with sales people and engineers across initial sales through deployments for end to end success
WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING TO THE TABLE:
- Professional experience using, developing, and co-selling enterprise software solutions to solve industrial problems as a sales engineer, technical pre-sales or solution consultant
- Technical fluency, demonstrated ability to understand, interpret and articulate complex technical information to both technical and executive audiences
- Ability to master web based manufacturing software to be a super user, configurator, and master trainer for customers
- Customer focus, passion to understand customer needs and co-create the right solutions that delight users and secure financial ROI in discrete and electronics manufacturing and global supply chain environments.
- Interpersonal skills allowing you to craft compelling technical and business stories and bring them to stakeholders from individual plants to high level OT and IT leaders.
- Sound business judgment, ability to move quickly through many potential opportunities and focus in on only the best most aligned between customer and Arch.
- Operational excellence, attention to detail, and clarity in written communication.
- Startup attitude and curiosity, energized to be in a rapidly changing environment, roll up your sleeves, wear multiple hats and help the whole team succeed
WHAT MAKES YOU STAND OUT:
- Direct experience in sales engineering or solution consultation around software solutions for manufacturing optimization
- Further, direct experience with the electronics assembly industry and SMT
- Demonstrated excellence with lean six sigma initiatives or continuous improvement initiatives improving operational equipment efficiency (OEE), factory capacity, quality and yield improvement, maintenance practices, training and knowledge retention, manufacturing compliance, and other such initiatives.
- Direct experience with our target customers, electronics and discrete contract manufacturers (CMs), with an original equipment manufacturer (OEM) utilizing electronics assembly or other smart factory equipment to build a product, or at a machine makers creating and selling manufacturing equipment
- Experience being customer facing as an engineer or even working in a program management or account management capacity in addition to your engineering role
- Passion for manufacturing and for building more connected, intelligent, and sustainable industry.
- Expert background in one or more of the areas of Arch business including but not limited to
- Background in Medical or Life Science segment including knowledge of standards and regulations; proven experience in running certifications in those areas
- Background In test engineering, proven experience in driving process improvement methodology for test process
HOW WE WILL SUPPORT YOU:
- Ambitious and clear vision of how you can be a part of transforming the manufacturing supply chain and building next generation IoT technology
- Highly motivated and experienced team with the relevant domain expertise and network
- Ability to deploy your work solving cutting edge problems with Fortune 500 customers and in top impact programs
- Learning & Development budget to allow you to continue to grow in not only your function, but in any way that relates!
- Trust in your ability to do your best work when and where you want and to communicate this with your team
- Flexible Time Off including an end-of-year break in addition to local holidays and religious observances
- Opportunity to challenge yourself, be nurtured, and grow in a highly dynamic environment
- A culture that welcomes and encourages autonomy, ownership, and transparency; allowing you to make, learn from, and teach others in your “failures” as much as your successes
- Potential to travel to annual Arch Summit, and gather in person with all your colleagues
- A culture of diversity of thought and background with many languages and nationalities on the team
Resumes must be submitted in English
We encourage interested and enthusiastic applicants to apply and not allow imposter syndrome to self-select out of an opportunity. We believe in hiring people as their full and authentic selves, allowing them to utilize their strengths and then helping them to learn, grow, and add to those strengths